Frames & Sunglasses
At Accent Vision Care, we carry a wide selection of eyeglass frames and lenses to ensure you have crystal-clear vision. Your eyewear can say so much about your style and personality! At Accent Vision Care, our friendly, experienced opticians are delighted to work with you to select the best eyeglasses for your visual needs, budget, and taste.
We also offer an array of prescription sunglasses. Sunglasses are important for everyone to wear, whether you need vision correction or not, as quality sunglasses provide protection from potentially damaging UV rays. Prescription sunglasses will ensure you have clear and protected vision while enjoying time outside or driving.
All About Eyeglass Frames
When shopping for eyeglass frames, there are many different options to consider. Prior to making your selections, it can be helpful to understand some key terminology.
- Eyeglass frame materials include acetate, metal, plastic, titanium, and wood texture.
- Various options are available for eyeglass frame types, including full rimmed, semi-rimless, low bridge, and wire.
- A wide variety of frame shapes are available, such as rectangle, square, brow line, oval, large, aviator, round, horn, and cat eye.
Your eyeglass frames should be flattering for your face shape, skin tone, eye color, and hair color. The opticians at Accent Vision Care can provide expert opinions on what eyeglass frame materials, types, and shapes would work best for you.
All About Eyeglass Lenses
The eyeglass lenses and lens treatments you choose should help you see clearly in all of life’s activities. Whether you’re driving, using a computer, reading a book, looking at your phone, or playing sports, clear vision through quality lenses will lead to an enriched life.
Our optical staff at Accent Vision Care will ask you about what you do for work, whether you have a commute, and what kind of hobbies you enjoy so they can recommend lens options which will best meet the visual needs of your lifestyle. They are committed to providing exceptional customer service in the optical boutique, and their recommendations are tailored to your individual needs and concerns.
We offer the highest quality lens options in our optical to ensure you will experience crystal-clear, comfortable vision, in any setting. When selecting your lenses, there is some basic terminology which is helpful to understand.
Eyeglass lens types include the following:
- Single vision lenses: These lenses have one dioptric power used throughout the entire lens. They are used to correct vision for both near and far distances.
- Bifocal lenses: These lenses contain two prescriptions that have a dividing line between them. The top of the lens corrects for farsightedness and the bottom corrects for nearsightedness.
- Trifocal lenses: These lenses include three prescriptions separated by lines and correct faraway, intermediate, and near vision.
- Progressive lenses: These lenses also offer multiple prescriptions in one lens, but they are line-free, offering a smooth transition when shifting your view between the prescriptions. At Accent Vision Care, we are proud to offer the Varilux progressive lens, which provide sharp vision at every distance, and provide you with the most natural vision possible.
Eyeglass lens materials can include polycarbonate, trivex, and high index plastic. Our lenses can be treated for added benefits including UV-blocking treatment, photochromic treatment, scratch-resistant coating, and glare control coating to make your vision experience even more comfortable. We offer the highest quality lenses and lens treatments, including the following:
- Crizal® No Glare Lenses which help provide you with superior protection against glare, scratches, smudges, and UV light.
- Transitions® Light Intelligent LensesTM which fit every lifestyle and every age. Not only do they adjust from fully clear indoors to the perfect tint outdoors, but they also block dangerous UV rays and filter Harmful Blue Light†, which can be found outdoors and from digital devices.
- Varilux® progressive lenses which provide sharp vision at every distance—even in dimly lit conditions—that eliminates the blurriness, off-balance feeling, and low-light issues of ordinary progressive lenses. Bifocal lenses only allow you to clearly see far away and up close. Objects at arm’s length will still appear blurry. Additionally, there is an abrupt change between the near and far viewing areas. Varilux progressive lenses provide sharp vision and smooth transitions at any distance.
We carry a diverse and high-quality collection of sunglasses which will protect your eyes from damaging UV rays and enable you to experience clear, comfortable vision when you’re driving, playing sports, or engaging in any sort of outdoor activity. We are proud to carry many top brands in our optical, including Maui Jim sunglasses, which are not only very stylish, but feature PolarizedPlus2® technology which reduces the impact of the sun’s harsh glare while offering relief from a number of long-term health risks.
Visit the Accent Vision Care Optical Boutique
At Accent Vision Care, our opticians are here to serve you. They are friendly and experienced in helping people select the right eyewear for their visual needs, budget, and taste, and are passionate about delivering a high level of customer service. Contact our office to learn more about how we can help you make the best selections in eyewear for your eye health needs.